Ledston Hall is located in the village of Ledston, 10 miles east of Leeds. While the building appears at first sight to be in one style, in reality it is an amalgam of a number of rebuilds. site of the house was once a grange for the monks of Pontefract Priory and part of their early 13th century chapel still survives as part of the building.
The east front (see panorama above) with its projecting wings, Dutch-style gables and turrets capped by domes was probably built on behalf of Sir John Lewis, a rich East India merchant who bought the house in 1653.
The Hall is now in private ownership, and tenanted apartments occupy one wing.
You are viewing panorama No.137 (Ledston Hall, Hall Lane, Ledston), one of 166 Virtual Reality 360 degree views of Leeds.
Map and aerial view of Leeds showing the location of Ledston Hall, Hall Lane, Ledston at Latitude 53.754762 / Longitude -1.340286.
We have visited Leeds on a number of occasions to produce this tour, this page was created on Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:18:16 +0000.
5 Day, 10 Day, 15 Day long range weather forecast and current conditions for Ledston Hall, Hall Lane, Ledston, Leeds