The Leeds Parish Church is claimed to be built on the site of the first church in Leeds. It is claimed that there has been a Church on this site since the 7th Century. A church is mentioned here in the Domesday Book.
The present Church dates from 1838/1841 when the then Vicar of Leeds (Reverend Hook) demolished the original structure and the entire church was rebuilt. The remnants of an Anglian-Norse cross discovered when the church was rebuilt are now housed within.
'The Palace' public house, situated only a stones' throw from Tetleys' Brewery is popular with those who value a good pint of beer, and is also now a 'local' for the inhabitants of the many quay side apartments and loft conversions which now feature along the riverside.
You are viewing panorama No.109 (Leeds Parish Church, The Palace public house, Kirkgate Black Bull Street), one of 166 Virtual Reality 360 degree views of Leeds.
Map and aerial view of Leeds showing the location of Leeds Parish Church, The Palace public house, Kirkgate Black Bull Street at Latitude 53.79530000000001 / Longitude -1.5341999999999842.
We have visited Leeds on a number of occasions to produce this tour, this page was created on Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:18:15 +0000.
5 Day, 10 Day, 15 Day long range weather forecast and current conditions for Leeds Parish Church, The Palace public house, Kirkgate Black Bull Street, Leeds